VMworld is an important event for Nimble Storage, because many of the storage and virtualization experts coming to San Francisco are interested in learning more about the best storage technologies, such as flash-optimized storage solutions.
It’s been a busy year around here. Since VMworld last August, Nimble Storage has:
- Reached the 1,500-customer milestone, with accelerating adoption every quarter
- Launched our InfoSight services to help customers manage their arrays more efficiently
- Launched our SmartStack pre-validated reference architectures in collaboration with VMware and Cisco
- Debuted in the Visionaries quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Disk Arrays
- Launched NimbleConnect, our online community for Nimble Storage customers, partners, and other IT professionals
If you’re going to VMworld, come by our booth, #921, and see for yourself what the buzz is about – we’d love to catch up with you on all the latest happenings at Nimble Storage, and hear your thoughts on storage and virtualization as well. If you’re rushed for time, our recurring in-booth presentations will tell you what you need to know in a matter of minutes, on topics that include the breakthrough CASL architecture, our SmartStack solutions, and InfoSight.
This year we’ll have specific stations with live demos and experts focused on four topics: end user computing, business critical applications, InfoSight, and a tech preview where we’ll give you an early sneak peek at some of the amazing things our engineers are working on in their labs. And our “Brainiac Bar” will have our top technical experts waiting, whiteboard marker in hand, to answer your most pressing storage questions.
The VMworld conference sessions are one of the key reasons attendees make the trip. Here are a few we’re especially excited about and think you may find valuable:
- STO6572 – Evaluating Storage Advances for the Virtualized Datacenter : Nimble CEO, Suresh Vasudevan, will discuss the latest storage advancements for the virtual datacenter. George Mitsopoulos, CTO at service provider Virtacore, will also present on how his firm leverages elastic compute and hybrid storage to deliver scalable, efficient cloud services.
- STO5559 – The Future of Storage: A Panel Discussion: Nimble Founder and Vice President of Engineering, Varun Mehta, will participate in a panel discussion with executives from IBM, HP, Dell, EMC, NetApp and VMware on trends shaping next-generation datacenter architectures. Topics include software defined storage, solid state storage architecture evolution, granular data management, cloud file systems and cloud storage.
- BCO5431 – Customers and Service Provider’s Perspectives on DR Strategy, Tips and Tricks for Private and Hybrid Cloud Environments: Nimble vExpert Wen Yu will be moderating this panel on DR for private cloud and DRaaS. Panelists include Virtacore Systems, eMeter, City of Hot Springs, Arkansas, and Foster Pepper.
- EUC5610 – Virtualized Inception: Mobility Dream within a VDI Dream; Realized!: Robert Dixon, Director of IT for CU Boulder, and his colleagues will explore the journey to desktop virtualization to support BYOD and mobile users around his campus.
- STP1003 – Nimble Storage SmartStack: Proven Reference Architectures from VMware, Cisco, and Nimble Storage : Nimble technical expert Michael McLaughlin and I will present on how our SmartStack solutions with VMware and Cisco help organizations accelerate deployment and reduce risk.
VMworld promises to be a great event this year, and we really hope to see you there. So don’t forget to come by and visit Nimble Storage at booth #921 – you may even get lucky and get a chance to drive around in a Maserati convertible for a couple of weeks!
See you in San Francisco!