The Docker Store introduces validated 3rd party solutions for Enterprise IT
By Stacey Gilmore, Sr. Solutions Marketing Manager, Nimble Storage
Gartner says 70% IT organizations planning a private PaaS will deploy a container service instead. 1 IDC predicts that achieving portability and hardware efficiency for traditional applications will be the most popular production use for containers in the next four years. 2 Both agree that DevOps adoption is accelerating for enterprises. 3,4
Whether you think Docker containers are for IT, DevOps, or both, the benefits are impossible to ignore.
Containers have long been popular with developers. Yet enterprise IT teams have had many questions about how to best adopt containers for mainstream use. Here are some top questions in the minds of customers and prospects:
- What tools can help me secure, manage, and govern my data, applications, and environment? Where do I find them?
- How much time and effort will it take to evaluate each of these tools and technologies, and integrate them into a working system?
- How much of the support burden will fall on my team if these technologies don’t work as expected?
- How do I choose a foundation that not only meets today’s requirements, but will also benefit from lasting future community innovation and support?
- When containerizing mainstream applications, how will I store, move, and manage their production data?
The new Docker Store addresses all of these questions with Docker Certified third party offerings exclusive to customers of Docker’s Enterprise Edition. By receiving Docker certification for our Docker Volume Plugin, Nimble joins the Docker community in making container adoption easier for Enterprise IT. Now you can:
- Choose from a trusted pool of high quality solutions for all containers-related technologies; just look for the new certified logo.
- Save time since all Docker store offerings are prevalidated and security screened.
- Receive joint support for everything in the Docker Store from Docker and its partners.
- Opt-in to an ecosystem that expands innovation; certified partners can now find and build with each other’s offerings, to produce higher quality solutions.
- Unleash the full benefits of containers, with enterprise grade persistent storage that makes application data as easy to spin up and as portable as containers. Here’s a quick video example:
Learn more on the Nimble Docker Community ».
- Stacy Gilmore