IT professionals from Australia and many other countries in the Asia-Pacific region will be gathering en masse next week to attend Australia’s biggest IT conference of the year – VMware vForum. The conference will be held at the Sydney Convention centre and runs on from the 21st-22nd October.
vForum is a great chance to view the latest release of virtualization products from VMware as well as getting a great strategic insight into the future roadmap of enterprise computing. Hot topics this year include Workforce Mobility, Hybrid Cloud, Cloud Security and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). With the recent release of vSphere 5.5 there are bound to be some great sessions on the new features and capabilities.
As always there is an amazing amount of content and activities available for delegates – get a feel for the latest software releases via the Hands-on Labs, attend the general sessions or take your VCP or VCAP certification exams (remember they are 75% off regular price!). Choosing which sessions to attend (or which to miss L) is always a challenge. Here are my picks:
- Software Defined Data Centre meets End User Computing – Mon 21st Oct from 1:30pm
- What’s new in vSphere 5.5 – Mon 21st from 3:20pm
- Through the End User Computing looking glass: A vision for tomorrow – Tues 22nd from 2:20pm
- Tools of the trade for the vSphere architect & administrator – Tues 22nd from 4:30pm
vForum is also a great opportunity to view the latest technology trends in the industry. At booth #L14, Nimble Storage will highlight our flash-optimised hybrid storage solutions. Watch one of our live demonstrations and witness 18,000 IOPS from just 8 SATA hard drives in a 3U storage appliance!
Live Demos from Nimble Storage during breakouts at booth #L14:
- Mon Oct 21st Lunch Break with Nimble Storage CEO, Suresh Vasudevan – (1:00pm – 1:10pm)
- Mon Oct 21st Afternoon Tea Break – (3:10pm – 3:20pm)
- Tues Oct 22nd Morning Tea Break – (10:40am 10:50am)
- Tues Oct 22nd Lunch Break – (1:00pm – 1:10pm)
- Tues Oct 22nd Afternoon Break – (3:30pm – 3:40pm)
Attend any of our live demos during the breakout times listed above, and pick up a NimbleDisruptors t-shirt!
More prizes? Have your chance to win one of three Gaming Headsets valued over $300 by entering into our prize draw!
Join in the conversation on Twitter by following @NimbleStorageAU or by using the hashtag #nimblestorageau.
Want more chances to win? Share our content, post a photo or promote our live demo times via Twitter – to submit double entries into our prize draw!
- Roland Browne