Flash Forward Next Week in London
by Janet Matsuda – CMO
One topic that comes up often in talking with customers is that they’re eager for opportunities to learn about the latest technologies and best practices for deploying flash in the data center. For those in the United Kingdom, there’s a one-day conference next week that will provide a rare chance to compare and contrast Nimble Storage with EMC, Pure Storage, and other leading providers of all flash arrays.
The Flash Forward conference contains four main informational sessions, plus vendor panels and user presentations, and is curated by hard-hitting journalist and storage expert Chris Mellor of The Register. Dimitris Krekoukias, a Nimble global technology and strategy architect, will be among the conference speakers, alongside many other flash experts. It takes place June 14th and is free to IT professionals in the private and public sector; you can find session abstracts here.
Flash storage experts will meet in London next Tuesday to discuss
data center architectures at the Flash Forward conference.
We look forward to hearing the participants grapple with questions such as:
- Now that flash storage has expanded beyond niche use cases, what are the best ways to manage mixed workloads when you’re deploying hundreds and hundreds of apps?
- How is flash storage changing the equation for total cost of ownership, and what role do data center environmental factors play (space, power, and cooling)?
- What are NVME fabrics and 3D XPoint, and which solid-state memory technologies are the leading contenders for the “next big thing” after flash?
There are four strands to the conference program:
- Comparative deployment scenarios for flash and SSD technologies – chaired by Carla Arend, Program Director, European Software, IDC Europe
- Where and when to deploy flash and SSD in both SME and enterprise environments – chaired by Randy Kerns, Senior Strategist, Evaluator Group
- The impact of flash and SSD on application performance/deployment – chaired by Chris Evans, co-founder, Langton blue, and founding blogger, Architecting.IT
- Future directions and impacts on data centers and application time to market – chaired by Chris Mellor, Storage Editor, The Register.
In addition to Nimble, the participating vendors include EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, HGST, Hitachi Data Systems, IBM, Kaminario, Micron, NetApp, SanDisk, SolidFire, Tegile Systems, Tintri, Violin Memory, and Virtual Instruments.