An Award-Winning Team – Times Five
by Janet Matsuda – Chief Marketing Officer
There are a lot of talented women here at Nimble Storage, so it’s not unusual to see that one of them has won an industry award. But it was gratifying to see that five of my colleagues have just been recognized for their leadership.
CRN, a top news source for solution providers and the IT channel, announced its 2016 Women of the Channel awards earlier today, and honored three exceptional contributors at Nimble:
- Diane Genova, Director of Global System Integrators. Diane joined Nimble last year with a charter to build out a world-class global system integrator channel program, to increase our presence in enterprise accounts and become integral to the offerings of our largest global partners. In addition to being named to the Women of the Channel list, she was included in the Power 100 group.
- Shannon Kinnan, Manager of Global Distribution, is based in New York State. Shannon develops programs that allow our field sales and channel partners to focus more of their time and efforts on closing the sale, and to worry less about the logistics. Examples include programs to streamline integration, implementation and professional services, distribution-led configuration and quoting, trade-in programs, and financing.
- Randi Luckeneder, Manager of Global Distribution, resides in Arizona. Randi has more than two decades experience in the IT channel, and joined Nimble last year to synchronize our go-to-market plans with our distributors, leverage their ability to provide exceptional pre-sales and post-sales support, and accelerate Nimble Storage growth with and through our Nimble distribution partners.
The other award winners work on our Operations team:
- Silvia Zimmermann, our MRO (maintenance, repair and operations) buyer, was recognized by software vendor Coupa at their inaugural Inspire conference last week for her focus on results and for “making real measurable impact”. Coupa provides cloud-based spend management apps for invoicing, procurement, expense management, sourcing, and inventory. Silvia’s work enabled Nimble to successfully implement and rollout Coupa as its e-procurement tool to fully automate the procurement-to-payment process.
- Ruchika Chopra, director of product operations, won a “Customer Success Hero” award from Salesforce SteelBrick at their recent Customer Success Summit in San Francisco. When Nimble started using the product to produce quotes, Ruchika recognized that it would be much more valuable if it also produced detailed configuration information. She pushed the product team at Salesforce Steelbrick, and they built these new capabilities into the product, benefiting Nimble and other customers.
At a time when Silicon Valley and the world at large grapple with the crucial issue of employment equity for women, I’m encouraged to see how strongly Nimble supports women in the workplace. Women make up 22 percent of the engineering team here, significantly more than at other Silicon Valley technology companies including Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and Twitter.
Nimble also hosts a Nimble Women’s Network, created to inspire our female employees to meet their full potential and champion Nimble values. The network hosts an event each quarter, such as fireside chats and discussions, to discuss relevant topics and provide opportunities for networking. The group’s goal to provide access to mentors, tools, and resources related to work-life balance, and a forum for leadership development.
Our congratulations to all five of these exceptional leaders.
- Janet Matsuda