Virtacore Helps Accelerate their Customers' Journey to the Cloud and Speed Up Revenue Growth with Nimble Storage
January 22, 2013 – Nimble Storage, the leading provider of flash-optimized hybrid storage solutions, today announced that Virtacore Systems, a leading cloud services provider that specializes in virtual infrastructure solutions utilizing VMware, has made the Nimble Storage CS-Series a core element of their cloud infrastructure framework.
With over 12 years of experience in cloud and internet services, Virtacore has a long history of providing public and private cloud solutions to meet the needs of clients at the mid-market and enterprise levels. With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Salt Lake City and Ashburn, as well as facilities in Virginia, Illinois and California, Virtacore maintains a strong presence in the US and serves clients across the globe.
Demand for Virtacore’s cloud services has been growing rapidly. Virtacore was seeking a new solution that would provide faster deployment and better scalability for its popular suite of cloud offerings. The Nimble Storage scale-to-fit architecture enabled Virtacore to build an efficient, high-performance foundation for delivering Infrastructure as a Service and accelerate their clients’ journey to the cloud.
- Leveraging Nimble Storage’s scale-to-fit architecture, Virtacore has decreased customer onboarding times and improved efficiencies in their infrastructure.
- Using the high-performing Nimble Storage CS-Series, Virtacore expanded their Cloud Services offering to include large databases and performance-oriented workloads including Business Intelligence, Oracle and SQL Server based transactional databases—expanding opportunities for growth.
- Nimble Storage’s Cache Accelerated Sequential Layout (CASL™) architecture enabled a 50 percent reduction of Virtacore data footprint without any loss in performance—substantially reducing facility costs and power consumption.
- Nimble Storage and its SmartStack ecosystem of partners offer a complete portfolio for building efficient and scalable enterprise-class cloud services for application development and testing, backup, collaboration, desktop, disaster recovery, infrastructure, messaging, and storage.
- Phill Lawson-Shanks, CTO, Virtacore:
“…the Nimble Storage solution provides all of the performance and operating metrics we demand to maintain our competitive advantage in the exploding cloud services market.”
- Matt Tedder, Engineering Team Leader, Virtacore:
“Despite our best efforts to find weaknesses, the Nimble Storage systems consistently performed above, and far beyond, our expectations.”
- Suresh Vasudevan, CEO, Nimble Storage:
“Nimble Storage is committed to building successful partnerships with the service provider community and helping them succeed. Virtacore is a great use case on how the SmartStack ecosystem delivers highly scalable and efficient to deliver ROI.”
- Customer Case Study: Virtacore Standardizes on Cisco, VMware, and Nimble Storage to Deliver World-Class Public and Private Cloud Services: http://www.nimblestorage.com/customers/virtacore.php
- Cisco Unleashing IT: Virtacore—Brokering the Cloud: www.unleashingit.com/go/?EJK4
- Blog: Suresh Vasudevan, CEO, Nimble Storage on “Cloud Service Providers: Opportunity or Threat?”: http://www.nimblestorage.com/blog/?p=5302
- Nimble Storage Solution Brief: Cloud Services Powered by Nimble Storage: http://info.nimblestorage.com/rs/nimblestorage/images/nimblestorage-sb-cloud-service-provider.pdf
- Follow Nimble Storage on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NimbleStorage
- Follow Virtacore on Twitter: www.twitter.com/virtacore
- Join the Nimble Storage Group on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=4437204
- View Nimble Storage Videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NimbleStorage
- Visit Nimble Storage on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nimble-Storage/141648999232866
About Virtacore Systems
Virtacore is a leading cloud services provider that specializes in virtual infrastructure solutions utilizing VMware. With over 12 years of experience in cloud and internet services, Virtacore has a long history of providing public and private cloud solutions to meet the needs of clients. The Virtacore service offerings include complete cloud solutions and platforms, disaster recovery solutions as well as Google Apps implementation and integration. With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Salt Lake City and Ashburn, as well as facilities in Virginia, Illinois and California, Virtacore maintains a strong presence in the US and serves clients across the globe. Currently owned by Ikano, a $60 Million technology services company, has enabled Virtacore to maintain a strong financial position and take full advantage of the support and backing of Insight Venture Partners, a private equity firm with over $9 Billion under management and a portfolio that includes brands such as Twitter and Yelp. For more information visit Virtacore on the web at: www.virtacore.com.
About Nimble Storage
Nimble Storage believes enterprises should not have to compromise on performance, capacity, ease of use, or price. Nimble has developed the first hybrid storage architecture engineered from the ground up to seamlessly integrate flash and high-capacity drives. Our customers enjoy as much as 10x faster application performance, enhanced backup and disaster recovery, and stress-free operations—all while lowering their TCO. Nimble Storage solutions are available through a global network of world-class channel partners. For more information, visit www.nimblestorage.com and follow us on Twitter: @nimblestorage.
©Nimble Storage and CASL are trademarks or registered trademarks of Nimble Storage. Other trade names or words used in this document are the properties of their respective owners.