Nimble Storage InfoSight:
Defining a New Storage Experience
Confidently meet your workload SLAs with actionable intelligence to preempt issues, achieve peak storage health, and forecast and manage future growth.
Nimble Storage customers enjoy an entirely unique storage lifecycle management experience, driven by powerful, sophisticated data analytics and cloud connectivity. This experience is centered around Nimble Storage InfoSight™ which integrates, automates, and substantially simplifies storage administrative tasks, ensuring the optimal health of all Nimble Storage arrays.
InfoSight, an integral part of Nimble’s Adaptive Flash platform, ensures the peak health of storage infrastructure by identifying problems, and offering solutions, in real time. InfoSight provides expert guidance for deploying the right balance of enterprise storage resources — dynamically and intelligently — to satisfy the changing demands of business-critical applications.
InfoSight enables organizations to:
- Analyze storage performance and accurately diagnose and preempt issues in real-time to maintain peak storage health
- Easily meet changing SLAs on-the-fly with expert guidance on storage resource planning
- Enhance performance and latency visibility in heavily-virtualized VMware environments
- Proactively identify and resolve VM resource contention issues and avoid costly unnecessary storage upgrades
- Streamline storage management and reporting via a single cloud-connected portal for enhanced operational efficiency and productivity
InfoSight consists of:
- The InfoSight Engine: A data collection and analysis engine comprised of powerful analytics, system modeling capabilities, and predictive algorithms.
- The InfoSight Portal: A secure online portal which serves as a window into the InfoSight Engine.
- Proactive Wellness: Proactive alerts for system health, performance, and protection gaps. Performance correlation analytics quickly identify leading factors contributing to performance or latency issues.
This “deep data” approach to customer support delivers storage health insights that can be leveraged to streamline maintenance by enabling granular alerting, accurate forecasting, and a level of overall storage health insight that vastly improves productivity and optimizes system availability.
- Manageability: InfoSight is cloud-based, so agents or data collection infrastructure do not have to be installed in the datacenter. All updates are instantly available.
- Usability: InfoSight enables proactive system health and support. Insightful and actionable information is presented through intuitive dashboards, including performance correlation analytics.
- Accessibility: InfoSight can be accessed from anywhere, anytime, on any device. One-click reporting and export capabilities make it the simplest way to monitor and manage Nimble Storage environments. Registered Nimble resellers can also request access to their customers’ InfoSight portals, allowing them to be more proactive.
NimbleConnect Community: Network. Share. Learn.
NimbleConnect is a vibrant online community where members can connect with other users, partners, and experts from Nimble Storage worldwide to leverage real-world deployments for peer insights and best practices. Join the NimbleConnect Community today!
Interested to see what other customers are saying about how they use InfoSight, or in having a look at actual InfoSight data from Nimble Arrays in deployment? Check out the latest posts on the Nimble Community.
InfoSight Per-VM Monitoring Whiteboard
Storage guru George Crump and Nimble Storage VP of Support Rod Bagg analyze the battle for storage resources in VMware environments.
Tech Paper: InfoSight for VMs
In this technical 14-page paper, analyst Enrico Signoretti explains why knowing all aspects of each VM allows administrators to visualize, identify, and reclaim wasted resources in VMware environments. MORE »